Saturday 29 May 2010

Pork and apple burgers, lentils and peas


It's been ages since I've posted to my food blog! I've been in Germany with Sam and we've been cooking all sorts of delicious things - trout en papillote; tagliatelle with fresh peas, asparagus tips, ricotta and mint; a Meditteranean fish stew with chilli and chorizo - so I've got a backlog of entries to write. I'm waiting for him to email me all the photos that I took on his camera.
Anyway, tonight (my first night back), I had two of these lovely pork and apple burgers from the butcher in the market. I didn't have any potatoes, so instead I had them with lentils (cooked up with onions, carrots, garlic and bay leaves) and freshly podded peas. Some 'chilli jam' from the farm shop set it off nicely. I also made a delicious rhubarb and strawberry stew, which I plan to feature in a cheesecake that I'm going to make for a friend's birthday next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment