Monday 3 May 2010

Spaghetti with anchovies, cherry tomatoes and lemon oil

Writing this blog is already teaching me loads about the way I eat and the way I want to eat. One thing that's astounding is how quick all these fresh, summery meals are to prepare. I'm currently writing this as I wait for the spaghetti to cook - because there's nothing else to be done! All I need to do is toss in the anchovies, cherry tomatoes, lemon oil and basil leaves once it's drained, and there's dinner. It's almost ironic that I should have a plate on the table in ten minutes flat when, with no 9-5 job or family to feed, I have the freedom to spend as long preparing dinner as I like. But sometimes that's just what one feels like. Now I'm going to spend the rest of my evening knitting and watching a programme about the history of Ethiopia on iPlayer. And probably, as usual, absent-mindedly munching on a few squares of dark chocolate while I'm at it.

No comments:

Post a Comment