Tuesday 4 May 2010

Roast tomatoes, roast garlic purée and roast red peppers on toast




A lovely way to use up the last of this loaf of bread. I slow-roasted the halved garlic bulbs and the cherry tomatoes for an hour and a half with rosemary (from Whewell's Court in Trinity, where it grows abundantly), then mashed up the roast garlic with some extra olive oil and salt. Each was then spread on its own slice of buttered toast and a third slice topped with the remainder of the Spanish marinated red peppers that I bought in the market on Sunday. Funny how I'm eating virtually vegetarian these days and barely noticing it.

2 comments:

  1. My word, that garlic looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm also eating veggie without realising! I put it down to the pesto phase I'm having.

    ReplyDelete