Monday 7 June 2010

Bacon-wrapped chicken breasts stuffed with cream cheese, garlic and herbs

I needed to find a use for the cream cheese leftover from last week's rhubarb and strawberry cheesecake. (Sorry not to keep my promise to upload photos of that, by the way - the filling was extremely wobbly, so although it tasted amazing it looked a mess! Went all over the table when we tried to cut it.)

I remembered a dish my Mum once made which involved stuffing chicken breasts with cream cheese, wrapping them in bacon and baking them in the oven. So that's pretty much what I did, mashing some herbes de Provence, lemon juice and plenty of garlic into the cream cheese first. I had it with rice and the leftover grilled vegetables from lunch the other day, which I eked out with a tin of beans, some more fresh peas and the usual lemon juice and basil leaves - plus a few slices of chorizo as a random last-minute addition. It's rare that I cook a single meal without involving lemon these days.

No comments:

Post a Comment