Wednesday 2 June 2010

Prawns with chilli, garlic and lime


I wasn't particularly hungry this evening after the piled-high plate of pasta I had for lunch. Plus I made an utterly delicious rhubarb and strawberry cheesecake this afternoon for a friend's birthday party tomorrow (photos to follow), and had a bowl of the delectable filling - cream cheese and whipped cream mixed with stewed rhubarb and strawberries, sugar and lemon juice - as a stand-alone mousse before dinner. (I was in a 'life's short - eat dessert first' kind of mood.) If I'd been hungrier I would have tossed these prawns through spaghetti for the ultimate 5-minute supper, but as it was I decided just to eat them neat. What I hadn't reckoned on was how much liquid they give off. Shame I didn't have any bread to mop up the precious prawny, limey, garlicky juices.

No comments:

Post a Comment